Monday, August 11, 2014

MotoGP: Round #10 DRIVE M7 Aspar Race Report – Indianapolis

Hiroshi Aoyama race action shot

DRIVE M7 Aspar Press Release:

Today Marc Márquez gave Spain its 500th podium – the country’s 100th in the premier class. He did so with a win at Indianapolis. It was his tenth consecutive triumph of the season, giving him a perfect record so far in 2014. Valentino Rossi started the Indianapolis round by taking the lead. Rising temperatures led to riders focusing on tire wear, and the pace was slower than in practice. Jorge Lorenzo pushed up the field as Márquez chased Rossi and Dovizioso, and when he passed the former the two Spaniards hunted down Rossi. Shortly before the halfway mark, Márquez decided to break away, taking the lead and pulling clear for his latest triumph. Lorenzo and Rossi joined him on the podium at the Brickyard.

Setbacks had plagued DRIVE M7 Aspar rider Hiroshi Aoyama this weekend in Indianapolis. The Japanese rider was never fully comfortable with the new asphalt at the American track and was unsure of his tire choice. His difficulties in qualifying had relegated him to eighteenth on the grid. Today, following a final run in the warmup session, he went for the hardest compound for the race, feeling more at ease onboard his Honda as a result. On the first lap he gained five positions, moving up a further three before crossing the line tenth – his second Top Ten of the season.

Leon Camier, on the other hand, was not so fortunate despite his hard work. The Brit came to Indianapolis without having ridden the MotoGP bike before, but showed that he was dedicated to learning. Yesterday he put in a fantastic showing to qualify sixteenth on the grid, but today an electronic problem cut his race short and he failed to finish at Indianapolis.

Hiroshi Aoyama race action shot

Hiroshi Aoyama #7:

10th

“This weekend we were at a circuit with a new surface, which gave us many problems in terms of tire choice. We left it until the last moment before the race to make a decision, and in the end we opted for the harder compounds and I think we made completely the right choice. Our qualifying session was quite difficult, and we started from far back on the grid, but I felt comfortable for the first time and was able to keep up a very consistent pace. However, eventually the tire performance dropped a lot and I made a couple of mistakes. Fortunately I was able to finish the race in tenth position. To start from eighteenth and place tenth is positive. I would have liked to have finished as the best rider in the Open class, but today Scott was very fast.”

HLeon Camier race action shot

Leon Camier #2:

(DNF)

“Today we were unable to finish the race due to an electronic problem. Right at the start of the race I noticed that something was wrong, but I continued pushing hard; I just wanted to ride, have fun and try to finish as best I could. As the laps went by the problem Increased and I was forced to return to the garage. It was a shame to conclude the weekend like this, because we had done a great job. In any case I am satisfied, because this experience has been terrific and I have learned many new things. Above all I learned during the race, and found what we need to do to improve. I like the chassis and this bike suits my riding style, so I am sure I can go faster with it; hopefully at Brno we have the chance. I want to thank the team for giving me so much to learn from this weekend. I am pleased that we have continued to progress throughout the weekend and, despite the setbacks, our race pace was quite positive.”

For more information: www.teamaspar.com

index-1
index-2
index

Source : cycleworld[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment