Monday, August 18, 2014

MotoGP: Round #11 DRIVE M7 Aspar Race Report – Brno

Hiroshi Aoyama race action shot

DRIVE M7 Aspar Press Release:

If today’s race at Brno is to be remembered for anything, it will be end of Marc Márquez’ winning streak in the 2014 season. The contest itself was largely unspectacular, as Dani Pedrosa broke away by himself and brought an end to the run of consecutive victories for the reigning MotoGP World Champion.

Iannone and Dovizioso sped off the line when the red lights went out, but their spell at the front would not last long. Jorge Lorenzo set an early fast lap and tried to break up the group, which lasted only three laps before spreading out. A race fastest lap from Pedrosa caught him back up with his fellow Spaniard, and from there he passed him and established a gap. Lorenzo finished second, with Valentino Rossi third.

The DRIVE M7 Aspar team’s Japanese rider continues true to his style, and is evolving steadily this season. Hiroshi Aoyama started far back on the grid at the previous round, before moving up the order and finishing the weekend successfully, and he did likewise today. Taking off from sixteenth, he kept his calm despite losing a place off the line, setting a similar pace to his practice session laps to move up through the field. With three points added to his tally, after placing in the points for the tenth time this season, Aoyama’s consistency is once again apparent.

Sharing the DRIVE M7 Aspar garage again this weekend, Leon Camier was another happy man in the Valencian team. He came to Indianapolis with no MotoGP experience, and experienced amazing progress. In the Czech Republic he continued to astound with his good performance on the Honda and today, with only two MotoGP Grands Prix to his name, he scored his first point. It was quite the achievement for a rider who has not stopped surprising since joining up with the DRIVE M7 Aspar Team.

Hiroshi Aoyama race action shot

Hiroshi Aoyama # 7:

13th

“Today we started from sixteenth on the grid and finished thirteenth, so we are fairly satisfied with the result. At the start of the race I lost a few places, but around the midway point I recovered and was able to make back some positions. I felt strong from the beginning and was comfortable on the bike, with a pace similar to that of the practice sessions. Pirro and Redding were fighting amongst themselves, which allowed me to close them down. I intended to latch onto them at the end to try and pass, but Redding escaped slightly and Pirro also closed the door well on the last lap. The race was pretty exciting for me, so I am happy and confident about Silverstone.”

Leon Camier race action shot

Leon Camier #2:

15th

Today I felt much more comfortable than last week in Indianapolis; we had more data and more hours of riding under our belts, and that allowed us to be more consistent. I am happy because we have improved a lot in a short time, but as I said, we need more time to fully understand the bike. Completing an entire race has helped me to understand the behavour of the bike and the tire wear, which are completely different to what I am used to with other bikes.  Taking a further step in the learning process has helped me to gain confidence. Although I hope Nicky recovers as soon as possible, if I had the opportunity to also ride for the DRIVE M7 team at Silverstone it would be like a dream come true. It’s a circuit I love, I know it well, and I am convinced that I could take another big step forward there.”

For more information: www.teamaspar.com

index-1
index-2
index

Source : cycleworld[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment