Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Destination Malaysia – Day One: Frequent Flier

Destination Malaysia   Day One: Frequent Flier malaysia map 635x351

I’m off to Malaysia for the next week, to watch the Malaysian GP at Sepang International Circuit, and generally take in the touristy parts of Kuala Lumpur and the archipelago of Langkawi.

As close as I can get to paid vacation in this line of work, I will be the guest of the Malaysian government, which as far as I can gather, wants to make the Malaysian GP a sort of destination vacation for two-wheeled fans — a “come for the GP, stay for the beaches” kind of thing.

We’ve talked a great deal about the importance of Southeast Asia here on Asphalt & Rubber, so it will be interesting to see Malaysia up-close and in-person.

Since it’s a pretty unique experience, I figured I would bring you all along for the ride as well, in a sort of “Broventure” type of format. The story mix will be of motorcycle, MotoGP, the trip, and the Malay culture…and maybe the humidity. I’ve got close to 24hrs of flights ahead of me now, so see you Wedneday, Malay time.

Source : asphaltandrubber[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment